Sunday 1 December 2013

My first Marathon


My first 10km Marathon!! Yeah!

Nothing much, just run until I can't feel my leg anymore. LOL.

But the whole experience…. it's so worth it! Maybe next year I will join again, hehe...

So last week, I practice run two times, 5km each practices. Actually this is the first time I did straight 10 km in one shot!  Normally my weekly run (on the treadmill) always like 3-4 km each run, I just run like that without pushing my limits. Run. Tired. Stop. and go home.

But today I pushed my limit to the max, it's mind over matters. I couldn't feel my leg anymore but in my mind, I kept on pushing/ reminding myself, to just run forward, or to walk forward….no matter what happened.

My average speed is 1km in 8 min - 8 min 30 sec. Meaning to say, to finish 10km, I need to maintain my speed hence approximately spent about 80 mins or 1 hour 20 mins.

But today I spent 1 hour 27 mins to finish my race. I think because I just eat light breakfast in the morning (banana + milk). Really no energy…especially early in the morning….So tired….
























So, till next year! 

-Deb-


No comments: